Monday 8 April 2013

TODAY'S POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER 'J' AND THE NUMBER 45 MILLION

There's not a lot I remember from my early school days. Apart from Pythagoras' Theorem - the square on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squares on the other sides - or something like that. A theorem I've never had the opportunity to put to any practical use.
What has stuck in my head is this little number from Sesame Street. Some practical advice about jamming June bugs and jiving judges. I'd assumed that jamming June bugs in jars was one of those quirky little laws you find left over on statute books from decades gone by. Or perhaps June bugs were an endangered species in the US, protected by environmental law from being jammed in jars.
One particular judge I wouldn't mind jiving dawn 'til dusk is Judge Judy. My wife loves the show - it drives me insane. Granted, some of the 'contestants' are a little ridiculous, but it's the shouting and bullying and insults of the judge I find cloying. "I don't believe you, sir!" doesn't constitute due legal process. You might as well toss a coin. She allegedly earned $45 million in a particular year for these insights. For that money you could easily afford a lie detector machine. Job done in half an hour. Of course that wouldn't qualify as 'entertainment'.
Anyway, my advice should you be unfortunate enough to find yourself on Judge Judy is to bring plenty of June bugs and lots of jars - and get jamming!  You may lose the case but at least you'll get to 'Jive Judge Judy by Jamming June bugs (in Jars).


No comments:

Post a Comment